Scottish Country Dancing is a form of social dance enjoyed worldwide. The dances are danced in groups called sets, normally of three or four couples. It is fun and an exercise for both the mind and body. See Starting Scottish Country Dancing if you would like to know more and how to start.
Upcoming Events in the Area
See Scottish Country Dance Diary for the full list and details of events in the area.
- Sat 25 Mar Bracknell Reel Club & Camberley Reel Club Joint Spring Dance Carnation Hall Details
- Sat 1 Apr Reading St Andrew’s Scottish Dancing Society Spring Ceilidh Chiltern Edge Community Education Centre Details
- Sun 2 Apr Newbury & District Caledonian Society Spring Tea Dance St George’s Hall Details
- Sat 8 Apr Fleet Scottish Country Dance Society Spring Apprentices’ Dance Court Moor School Details
- Sat 22 Apr Argyll Day School Edgbarrow Sports Centre Details
- Sat 29 Apr Guildford Scottish Country Dance Club Spring Dance Normandy Village Hall Details
- Sun 7 May Maidenhead Scottish Dancing Club Afternoon Tea Dance Carnation Hall Details
BHS Branch Day School - Extra
If you were wondering about those dances taught by Pat Houghton at the Day School on 11 March 2017 - here they are Day School Dances Taught by Pat Houghton.
+ See the pictures of the dancers and musicians taken just before the evening dance in the photo gallery.
About the Branch
The Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey Border Branch is a branch of the RSCDS – the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society. We provide a connection and support for a number of Scottish Country Dancing clubs in the area. This area enjoys an active programme of dancing events. We offer facilities such as graded classes, teacher training, instruction and day schools.
Membership of the branch includes membership of the RSCDS and helps support the preservation and promotion of Scotland’s traditional dance and music. See What the Branch does for more information on what we do and the benefits of membership.
Please follow RSCDS BHS Border Branch on Facebook to keep in touch and be informed about the Branch and upcoming dances in the area.