Scottish Country Dancing is a form of social dance enjoyed worldwide. The dances are danced in groups called sets, normally of three or four couples. It is fun and an exercise for both the mind and body. See Starting Scottish Country Dancing if you would like to know more and how to start.
Upcoming Events in the Area
See Scottish Country Dance Diary for the full list and details of events in the area.
- Sun 18 Feb – Fri 23 Feb RSCDS Winter School Atholl Palace Hotel Details
- Mon 19 Feb Branch Themed Night Finchampstead Memorial Hall Details
- Sat 24 Feb Fleet Scottish Country Dance Society Annual Dance Crookham Memorial Hall Details
- Sat 10 Mar Branch Dancers’ and Musicians’ Day School and Evening Dance Court Moor School Details
- Wed 14 Mar The Addlestone and District Scottish Society Spring Social Dance St Mary’s Church Hall Details
- Fri 16 Mar Branch Chairmen and Secretaries Meeting Frimley Green Methodist Church Details
- Tue 20 Mar Farnham Scottish Country Dancing Club Spring Dance Weydon School - Main Hall Details
- Sat 24 Mar Camberley Reel Club & Bracknell Reel Club Joint Spring Dance Carnation Hall Details
Day School – Saturday 10th March
Improve your dancing and enjoyment, meet people, dance with the Day School Musicians.
The Branch Dancers’ and Musicians’ Day School and Evening Dance is on Saturday 10th March at Court Moor School. Please see that link for full details and application forms. Non-Day School attendees are welcome to join the dance (all dances will be walked once).
There will be an afternoon session for Beginners on Steps and Basic Figures, followed by tea and cakes.
Not yet a member? - Membership for second half of season at half price.
About the Branch
The Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey Border Branch is a branch of the RSCDS – the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society. We provide a connection and support for a number of Scottish Country Dancing clubs in the area. This area enjoys an active programme of dancing events. We offer facilities such as graded classes, teacher training, instruction and day schools.
Membership of the branch includes membership of the RSCDS and helps support the preservation and promotion of Scotland’s traditional dance and music. See What the Branch does for more information on what we do and the benefits of membership.
Please follow RSCDS BHS Border Branch on Facebook to keep in touch and be informed about the Branch and upcoming dances in the area.