Scottish Country Dancing is a form of social dance enjoyed worldwide. The dances are danced in groups called sets, normally of three or four couples. It is fun and an exercise for both the mind and body. See Starting Scottish Country Dancing if you would like to know more and how to start.
Upcoming Events in the Area
See Scottish Country Dance Diary for the full list and details of events in the area.
- Sat 16 Sep – Sun 26 Nov South East Region Teachers’ Association RSCDS Teaching Course Collingwood School Details
- Sun 24 Sep South East Region Teachers’ Association Workshop Finchampstead Memorial Hall Details
- Sat 30 Sep Branch Autumn Social St Mark’s Church Hall Details
- Fri 6 Oct – Sun 8 Oct Argyll Argyll Weekend Dillington House Details
SUMMER Social Dancing
- Wed 7 Jun – Wed 23 Aug Branch Summer Socials St Mary’s Church Hall Details
- Tue 13 Jun – Tue 22 Aug Maidenhead Scottish Dancing Club Summer Dancing St Piran’s School Details
Technique Class - Book 51
The Technique class starts up again on Monday 4th September.
On 4th September & 18th September Paul Plummer & Mervyn Short will be teaching the dances from Book 51 at Finchampstead Memorial Hall starting at 8pm. All welcome.
Autumn term for the General class is on Wednesdays from 6th September to 13th December.
About the Branch
The Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey Border Branch is a branch of the RSCDS – the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society. We provide a connection and support for a number of Scottish Country Dancing clubs in the area. This area enjoys an active programme of dancing events. We offer facilities such as graded classes, teacher training, instruction and day schools.
Membership of the branch includes membership of the RSCDS and helps support the preservation and promotion of Scotland’s traditional dance and music. See What the Branch does for more information on what we do and the benefits of membership.
Please follow RSCDS BHS Border Branch on Facebook to keep in touch and be informed about the Branch and upcoming dances in the area.