Scottish Country Dancing is a form of social dance enjoyed worldwide. The dances are danced in groups called sets, normally of three or four couples. It is fun and an exercise for both the mind and body. See Starting Scottish Country Dancing if you would like to know more and how to start.
Upcoming Events in the Area
See Scottish Country Dance Diary for the full list and details of events in the area.
- Tue 29 Jan Farnham Scottish Country Dancing Club Burns Night Farnham Memorial Hall Details
- Sat 2 Feb Reading St Andrew’s Scottish Dancing Society Annual Ball St Crispin’s School Details
- Sat 2 Mar Fleet Scottish Country Dance Society Annual Dance Crookham Memorial Hall Details
- Sat 9 Mar Branch Day School for Dancers & Musicians + Evening Dance Calthorpe Park School Details
- Wed 13 Mar The Addlestone and District Scottish Society Spring Dance St Mary’s Church Hall Details
- Fri 15 Mar Branch Club Chairman & Secretaries Meeting TBD Details
- Tue 26 Mar Farnham Scottish Country Dancing Club Spring Dance Farnham Memorial Hall Details
- Sat 30 Mar Reading St Andrew’s Scottish Dancing Society Spring Dance & Ceilidh Chiltern Edge School Details
- Sat 6 Apr Bracknell Reel Club & Camberley Reel Club Joint Spring Dance Carnation Hall Details
- Sat 27 Apr Argyll Day School Edgbarrow Sports Centre Details
- Sat 27 Apr Fleet Scottish Country Dance Society Spring Apprentices’ Dance Court Moor School Details
- Sat 4 May Guildford Scottish Country Dance Club Spring Dance Normandy Village Hall Details
- Sun 12 May Maidenhead Scottish Dancing Club May Tea Dance Carnation Hall Details
- Sat 18 May Branch Spring Ball Emmbrook School Details
Day School – Saturday 9th March
Touch up your dancing, improve your enjoyment, meet people, dance with the Day School Musicians.
The Branch Dancers’ and Musicians’ Day School and Evening Dance is on Saturday 9th March at a new location – Calthorpe Park School. Please see that link for full details and application forms.
There will be an afternoon session for Beginners on Steps and Basic Figures, followed by tea and cakes.
Non-Day School attendees are welcome to join the dance (all dances will be walked once).
About the Branch
The Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey Border Branch is a branch of the RSCDS – the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society. We provide a connection and support for a number of Scottish Country Dancing clubs in the area. This area enjoys an active programme of dancing events. We offer facilities such as graded classes, teacher training, instruction and day schools.
Membership of the branch includes membership of the RSCDS and helps support the preservation and promotion of Scotland’s traditional dance and music. See What the Branch does for more information on what we do and the benefits of membership.
Please follow RSCDS BHS Border Branch on Facebook to keep in touch and be informed about the Branch and upcoming dances in the area.