Scottish Country Dancing is a form of social dance enjoyed worldwide. The dances are danced in groups called sets, normally of three or four couples. It is fun and an exercise for both the mind and body. See Starting Scottish Country Dancing if you would like to know more and how to start.
Upcoming Events in the Area
See Scottish Country Dance Diary for the full list and details of events in the area.
- Sat 21 Oct London Branch RSCDS Day School Paddington Academy Details
- Tue 31 Oct Tadley Scottish Country Dance Club Halloween Dance AWE Aldermaston Concert Room Details
- Sun 12 Nov Reading St Andrew’s Scottish Dancing Society Afternoon Tea Dance Thameside School Details
- Sat 18 Nov St. John’s Scottish Country Dancing Club Annual Ball Emmbrook School Details
- Sat 2 Dec Fleet Scottish Country Dance Society Autumn Apprentices’ Dance Court Moor School Details
Volunteers needed for practice classes
Help candidate new teachers practice their skills - and get some good tuition plus tea and cake in the process! The classes are held at Collingwood School in Wallington. Please see Volunteers Wanted
About the Branch
The Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey Border Branch is a branch of the RSCDS – the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society. We provide a connection and support for a number of Scottish Country Dancing clubs in the area. This area enjoys an active programme of dancing events. We offer facilities such as graded classes, teacher training, instruction and day schools.
Membership of the branch includes membership of the RSCDS and helps support the preservation and promotion of Scotland’s traditional dance and music. See What the Branch does for more information on what we do and the benefits of membership.
Please follow RSCDS BHS Border Branch on Facebook to keep in touch and be informed about the Branch and upcoming dances in the area.