Scottish Country Dancing is a form of social dance enjoyed worldwide. The dances are danced in groups called sets, normally of three or four couples. It is fun and an exercise for both the mind and body. See Starting Scottish Country Dancing if you would like to know more and how to start.
Upcoming Events in the Area
See Scottish Country Dance Diary for the full list and details of events in the area.
- Sat 27 Apr Argyll Day School Edgbarrow Sports Centre Details
- Sat 27 Apr Fleet Scottish Country Dance Society Spring Apprentices’ Dance Court Moor School Details
- Sat 4 May Guildford Scottish Country Dance Club Spring Dance Normandy Village Hall Details
- Sun 12 May Maidenhead Scottish Dancing Club Afternoon Tea Dance Carnation Hall Details
- Sat 18 May Branch May Ball Emmbrook School Details
- Wed 22 May Branch AGM & Party Night St Mary’s Church Hall Details
- Sat 6 Jul Bookham Scottish Country Dancing Club 60th Anniversary Normandy Village Hall Details
- Sun 7 Jul Branch Summer Dance & Afternoon Tea Party Normandy Village Hall Details
About the Branch
The Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey Border Branch is a branch of the RSCDS – the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society. We provide a connection and support for a number of Scottish Country Dancing clubs in the area. This area enjoys an active programme of dancing events. We offer facilities such as graded classes, teacher training, instruction and day schools.
Membership of the branch includes membership of the RSCDS and helps support the preservation and promotion of Scotland’s traditional dance and music. See What the Branch does for more information on what we do and the benefits of membership.
Please follow RSCDS BHS Border Branch on Facebook to keep in touch and be informed about the Branch and upcoming dances in the area.