Scottish Country Dancing is a form of social dance enjoyed worldwide. The dances are danced in groups called sets, normally of three or four couples. It is fun and an exercise for both the mind and body. See Starting Scottish Country Dancing if you would like to know more and how to start.
Upcoming Events in the Area
See Scottish Country Dance Diary for the full list and details of events in the area.
- Sat 29 Sep Branch Autumn Social St Mark’s Church Hall Details
- Fri 5 Oct – Sun 7 Oct Argyll Argyll Weekend Dillington House Details
- Sun 11 Nov Reading St Andrew’s Scottish Dancing Society Afternoon Tea Dance Thameside Primary School Details
- Sat 17 Nov St. John’s Scottish Country Dancing Club Annual Ball Emmbrook School Details
- Sat 1 Dec Fleet Scottish Country Dance Society Autumn Apprentices’ Dance Court Moor School Details
- Sat 8 Dec Basingstoke Christmas Charity Dance Aldworth School Details
- Fri 28 Dec Branch Christmas Social The Parish Rooms Details
- Sat 12 Jan Maidenhead Scottish Dancing Club TBD Details
Pages 7,8 are swapped with pages 13,14 in many of the September newsletters, so read really bizarrely. If you could kindly bring this to your clubs’ attention, that would be very helpful.
Deborah sends her abject apologies, she does double-check but somehow missed this in the first ones sent out.
Stopping plastic waste.
Save the planet. Please try and bring along your own cup when going to the Monday or Wednesday classes.
The Membership Application form for 2018-2019 is now available.
Help spread the enjoyment of Scottish Country Dancing!
The privacy protection policy is at the end of that page.
About the Branch
The Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey Border Branch is a branch of the RSCDS – the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society. We provide a connection and support for a number of Scottish Country Dancing clubs in the area. This area enjoys an active programme of dancing events. We offer facilities such as graded classes, teacher training, instruction and day schools.
Membership of the branch includes membership of the RSCDS and helps support the preservation and promotion of Scotland’s traditional dance and music. See What the Branch does for more information on what we do and the benefits of membership.
Please follow RSCDS BHS Border Branch on Facebook to keep in touch and be informed about the Branch and upcoming dances in the area.